Maker of sock critters, shaker of cocktails, baker of occasionally edible experiments involving peanut butter and chocolate. If you'd like a customised cuddly critter, tweet me @makeitwednesday



Sunday, June 19, 2011

Reddy or not, here we come

This weekend Clive and I went to Red Hill. Even though it's less than an hour from our place, I had never gone before. Now I cannot wait to go back. Here are a few reasons why.





Here is a picture of me with a goat. I am the one on the left, in case you couldn't tell.


I'm at Main Ridge Dairy, where milk from these gorgeous, friendly goats ...




...is turned into a range of gob-smackingly good cheeses. (Side note: if I ever do get smacked in the gob I hope it is with this cheese.)



 
This is the fox at Foxey's Hangout, where Clive and I learned all about how to make sparkling wine from the very excellent vineyard owners, brothers Tony and Michael Lee. Then I learned how to drink loads of wine before midday (it is surprisingly easy) and how to eat a 10-course meal and still eat cheese afterwards. You too can learn this life skill in two easy steps. Step one, let Tony, who is an amazing cook, bring you lots of tapas-style morsels. Devour. Step two, let him convince you that you NEED cheese with figs and honey. Devour. See, easy.
 







And here is the most fabulous dessert I have eaten in a long time (well, since I last had Ben Shrewry's apple-tastic genius at Attica, anyway. Yes, I know that makes me sound like a name-dropping wanker but really, given I ate at Attica in April and can still remember that dessert now, I figure it's worth a mention).
I'd like to say I was sorry to eat such a beautifully presented work of art but actually, I was SUPER SUPER HAPPY to devour it and have not shut up about it since. It's the maple sugar parfait with milk chocolate delice, from The Long Table in Red Hill. I have dubbed it the Attica of the Peninsula, partly to sound like a name-dropping wanker and partly because it just is, OK?
If you're down that way, go. If you're not down that way, make the effort and go!



And if you'd like to read more about my fabulous weekend away, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment